Preferred Contractor, 52 Remington Way Hickory, KY 42051
Information Collected by Preferred Contractor
Preferred Contractor uses information that we collect from our visitors and our customers to improve your experience when using our Website. We gather two types of information: personal information and anonymous information. Personal information is gathered when an individual identifies, directly or indirectly, their name, postal address, email address and/or telephone number. Anonymous information is collected when an individual discloses data that will not directly identify an individual.
We collect the following categories of information:
- First name, last name, and email address when customers register an account on our Website or submit a request through our online calculator.
- Billing address relevant to payment information, shipping address for goods delivery, and telephone number when customers purchase a product our service.
- Personal information when private individuals transmit a resume directly to Preferred Contractor or through a third-party website as part of a job application. This typically includes the first name, last name, current address, contact telephone number, and references of the private individual.
- Any information voluntarily transmitted either one-to-one or within a limited group directly to an Preferred Contractor representative(s) via SnapEngage chat, specific product review, purchase process review, or email in situations in which we are legally allowed by law to collect said information.
- Other information voluntarily provided to the company through social networking sites as part of a promotion or discount/rebate program.
- Location information may be collected when consumers visit our Website via a mobile device interacting with the Website or associated with your IP address where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our Website, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send.
Information We Do Not Collect
Preferred Contractor purposefully does not collect, store, or record by any means unique financial information like a customer’s credit card or debit card account number. Though a customer may use this information to procure goods via our Website, we use a secure order form which transmits the data directly to the relevant issuing company for authorization. If you provide this information to an Preferred Contractor representative over the phone, the representative uses the same technology to transmit the information and does not record the information in any other format.
At no point in the process is your information catalogued or stored by Preferred Contractor, either physically or electronically, for any reason whatsoever. We do this to ensure the security of our customers against credit card fraud and identity theft.
If you receive an email from someone claiming to be an Preferred Contractor representative asking for specific financial information (i.e. – a credit card or debit card account number), do not provide that information via email. Instead, contact Preferred Contractor at 1-859-667-2665 and report the request immediately.
Preferred Contractor may collect personal and anonymous information using the following methods:
- Preferred Contractor collects information from customers voluntarily and indirectly when they utilize technology such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our Website and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms using one or more devices. Customers may always opt out of indirect collection methods by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s consumer opt out page located at: www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Preferred Contractor may collect information from trusted sources to update or supplement information directly or indirectly provided. Local law may require customers to authorize the third party to share the aforementioned information with us before we can acquire it.
A web cookie is a small amount of data sent from a website to your computer. Your computer stores the cookie, so the sending website knows what you’ve been browsing. It’s an easy way for websites to ‘remember’ things about you like what you looked at on your last visit, what buttons you clicked, if you’ve added things to your shopping cart, etc.
If you wish, it is relatively easy to prevent Preferred Contractor and other online service providers from gathering cookie information about you or your browsing habits. You may choose to disable cookies altogether or be informed each time a cookie is sent to you via the control options in your web browser. If you disable cookies, the Website may not function optimally. If you have cookies disabled, please contact customer service via phone to place any orders.
Information Usage by Preferred Contractor
Preferred Contractor is the sole controller of directly or indirectly gathered personal or anonymous information. We use such information for the following purposes:
- Provide customers with products and services purchased directly or via a third-party site from Preferred Contractor.
- Communicate with customers about their account, pending or previous transactions, and purchased product that may be subject to a recall. We may also use it to provide customers and interested consumers with information about new products, sales, promotions, other advertising, or relevant changes to Ingram’s policies and procedures.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations to enhance the customer experience.
- Detect, investigate and prevent actions that either violate our policies or are illegal.
- Remarketing advertising to display products of potential interest to previous Website visitors.
Information Sharing with Third-Parties
Preferred Contractor does not share personal information directly with any third-party for marketing purposes. The only situations in which information is shared with other companies is limited to the following:
- We do share limited and anonymous information with Google through Google Analytics for the purpose of improving our Website and the end-user experience.
- We do provide personal information to companies who perform services on our behalf. Information may be provided to shipping companies for the sole purpose of delivering ordered equipment to a customer. If customers opt for third-party financing, information will be provided to the financier at the customer’s sole discretion. Such partner companies are prohibited from using customer personal information for purposes outside the bounds of those requested by us or defined by law.
- We may share your information when you consent to or direct Preferred Contractor to do so. For example use of our Installation calculator you are requesting that we have a contractor verify your quote. We share your personal information with contractors and vendors that participate in our network to better serve your request.
Consumer Choices and Information Controls
Preferred Contractor believes consumers should have the ability to define what personal information a company collects and stores. Customers may:
- Correct, update, or delete their account on our Website.
- Opt into or out of subscriptions, newsletters, and product alerts.
- Request access to the personal information we maintain and request that it is amended or deleted.
Such choices and controls may be exercised on our Website by the consumer or via direct contact with an Preferred Contractor service representative. Bear in mind that not allowing us to collect certain personal information such as physical address or contact information may preclude you from using certain services or ordering certain products on our Website.
Children’s Privacy Online
We sell products intended for adults. Children do not typically browse heating, ventilating, and air conditioning websites, but we recognize the need to ensure privacy protections for any underage visitors.
Persons under the age of eighteen may not purchase equipment and/or services from our Website without the assistance of a parent or legal guardian. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we are made aware of such collection, the information will be deleted and a parent or legal guardian of the child will be informed of the matter at the earliest available opportunity.